1. A national workshop for journal editors took place in Surabaya, East Jawa Province on August 13-15, 2018. The workshop was attended by 100 journal editors who have been appointed as national journal accreditation assessors (President of IASJE, Komang G. Wiryawan). The workshop’s purpose was to establish specific standards for journals’ accreditation evaluations so that assessors can evaluate journals based on the same criteria. Furthermore, the assessors are responsible for giving recommendations to journal editors on how to improve their journals’ quality (Picture below).
2. A national seminar for journal editors was conducted in Bandung, West Java on August 24-25, 2018. The workshop was attended by 200 journal editors, who participated in activities related to journal management and the manuscript review process. As president of IASJE, I was invited to deliver a presentation for the seminar on publication ethics and malpractice in journal publication (Picture below).
3. A workshop for journal editors was also conducted at the University of Brawijaya, Malang, East Jawa on October 18, 2018. The workshop was attended by 100 journal editors. The workshop’s main objective was to explore the role of editors in increasing journal citation and impact factor (Picture below).
4. A workshop for journal editors took place at the University of Syiah Kuala, Banda Aceh, Sumatera on October 13, 2018. The workshop was attended by 20 journal editors. The workshop covered topics such as journal evaluation in order to pass national accreditation and preparation for international indexing (Scopus and Web of Science) (Picture below).
5. A workshop for journal editors was also conducted at the University of Sriwijaya, Palembang, Sumatera, on November 15-16, 2018. The workshop was attended by 15 journal editors. The workshop’s main purpose was to prepare journals for indexing in Scopus and Web of Science based on criteria and parameters used in international indexing (Picture below).