July 12, 2022, zoom meeting, Hosted by Malaysia
The Council of Asian Science Editors (CASE), in collaboration with Malaysian Editors, organized the 7th Asian Editors Conference and Workshop 2022 on the theme “Journal development and indexing in citation databases.”
The topics covered in this conference included an introduction of journal data analysis solutions, strategies to expand journal readership, academic stress, use of artificial intelligence in journal publications, and strategies for listing in major international index databases. There were three keynote speeches and two sessions, as follows:
– Keynote 1: New function of Scholytics– a transparent reference point for research expectations and accomplishments.
– Keynote 2: Making scholarly publishing works for all disciplines and regions: Purpose, process and action.
– Keynote 3: Academic stress triggers – Results from a global survey on mental health among researchers
– Session A: Artificial intelligence and big data in science journal editing and publishing.
– Session B: Challenges of getting your journals indexed.
The sessions were chaired by renowned experts from CASE. The invited speakers were scholars as well as representatives of publishing service companies such as Naver, Scopus, Clarivate and Cactus Communications.
The CASE 2022 had about 200 registrations from publishing companies, science editors and authors. Dr. Soon Ting Kueh, president of Institut Kimia Malaysia, made a congratulatory speech at the conference. Professor Zuriati Zakaria, vice president of Institut Kimia Malaysia, warmly welcomed the participants on behalf of the local organizer. In the opening speech, Professor Hyungsun Kim, President of CASE, stressed the importance of understanding and utilizing the latest developments in the journal publishing market and its related trends. He stated that the utilization of artificial intelligence and the strategy of listing in the international index database discussed in this conference, would be extremely useful for the participants.
The next conference and workshop will be held in 2024, and will be hosted by Japan.
Reported by Tae-Sul Seo, Secretary-General of CASE (2022-2024)