2015. 08. 20 ~ 2015. 08. 22.
The 2nd Council of Asian Science Editors Conference and Workshop (5th draft)
Date: August 20-22, 2015
Venue: Hanoi University of Science and Technology, Hanoi, Vietnam
Theme: How to add local scientific journals to international databases
Official Accommodation: Kim Lien Hotel (US$55 per night)
Aims and scope
It aims to help editors to promote the scientific journals from not only Vietnam but also Asian countries to the international level. During the workshop, participants also will be able to explain the current international standard of scientific journals and to communicate with each other. Furthermore, participants will be able to help the organization of the national association of science editors in Vietnam.
After participating in all courses of the conference and workshop, attendees should be able:
1. To explain the editor's role to promote the scholarly journal
2. To describe the importance of manuscript editing
3. To explain the ways to keep publication ethics
4. To apply new information technologies in journal publishing
5. To prepare how to add their journals to international databases
Organizing Institute: Hanoi University of Science and Technology, Council of Asian Science Editors (CASE), and the Korean Federation of Science and Technology Societies
Program Organizer: B. T. Long & H.S. KIM
Eligibility of attendee: Editor or editorial board members of scholarly journals regardless of the fields (science, technology, medicine, social science, and humanity)
Registration deadline: April 30, 2015
Registration fee: US$400 for international delegate, US $50 for Vietnamese
How to register: Please fill out the attached form and send it to Secretary of the Conference.
Please register in the web http://www.asianeditor.org/
Poster abstract submission Deadline: April 30, 2015.
Confirmation of the acceptance of poster presentation: May 7, 2015.
Complimentary supply for attendees: Syllabus of workshop, welcome reception (August 20, 2015), Three day lunches (August 20-22, 2015), one day dinner (August 21, 2015)
Official language: English
Translated language: Translation into Vietnamese will be provided for conference
- August 20 (Thurs), 2015: Pre-conference workshop, 6 PM: Welcome reception
- August 21 (Fri), 2015: Conference, 6 PM: Dinner party
- August 22 (Sat), 2015: Post-conference conference workshop and 1:30 PM city tour (optional)